Volumes II and III of the 2019 auditor general report to be released28 November 2019
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Volumes II and III of the 2019 report of the auditor general will be released at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 3.
At that time, copies of the report will be available at the council chamber of the legislative assembly as well as online at the Auditor General of New Brunswick website.
Volume II contains:
- Chapter 1 – Performance Audit – Key Messages from the Auditor General
- Chapter 2 – Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour – Provincial Funding to Universities and Maritime College of Forest Technology
- Chapter 3 – Department of Social Development – Group Homes and Specialized Placements
- Chapter 4 – Follow-up Work and Financial Assistance Case Studies (Blueberries and Naval Centre)
Volume III contains:
- Chapter 1 – Financial Audit – Key Messages from the Auditor General
- Chapter 2 – Annual Surplus
- Chapter 3 – Debt
- Chapter 4 – State of New Brunswick’s Financial Condition
- Chapter 5 – Results of our Audit of the Province of New Brunswick’s Financial Statements
- Chapter 6 – Tax Expenditures
- Chapter 7 – Contaminated Sites
- Chapter 8 – Accounts Receivable
- Chapter 9 – Local Government Debt
- Chapter 10 – Results of Crown Agency Financial Statement Audits
- Chapter 11 – Service New Brunswick Property Assessments
- Chapter 12 – The Province’s Future Financial Commitments
- Chapter 13 – Opportunities to Improve Transparency
As Auditor General Kim MacPherson presents highlights of the report to members of the public accounts and Crown corporations committees, starting at 10 a.m. on Dec. 3, a live webcast will be available online.
In addition to the report, the PowerPoint presentation to be delivered to members of the committees and one-page summaries for select chapters will also be on the auditor general’s website around 10 a.m.
Stock images of MacPherson can be found on the website’s photo gallery.
Following her presentation, MacPherson will be available to respond to questions from the media at a news conference in the legislative assembly’s council chamber around 12:15 p.m.28-11-19